Payroll is critical to any business. No matter how much your employees like working for you, they still need their paychecks. The IRS is not very forgiving about payroll mistakes, either. They want their annual reporting, and they want it in exactly the right format by exactly the right date. They also need you to calculate and remit payroll taxes along the way. Fortunately, there are some things you can do. Here are five tips to make the payroll process easier for Philadelphia companies..
- Setup Direct Deposit – Printing paper paychecks is time-consuming and expensive. Then, you have to worry about getting the checks to your employees. Direct deposit is a win for everyone. You don’t have to print checks, and your employees get their money in their accounts on the right day.
- Use Professional Payroll Services for Tax Filings – The last thing any business owner needs is problems with the IRS. Unfortunately, tax rules can be complex and change often. The best professional payroll service companies in Philadelphia not only handle tax filings for you, but they stay up to date on all the changes, so you don’t have to.
- Use Electronic Record-Keeping – The overstuff filing cabinet was fine when there were just a few employees and just a few years of records but moving on to a closet filling up with bankers’ boxes full of records isn’t the solution. Electronic record-keeping ensures that your records are available and searchable when the need arises. Payroll Service Solutions can help with your record-keeping systems.
- Choose a Trusted, Local Payroll Company – Running a business is hard enough. Your time is too valuable to dial some 1-800 number and wait on hold only to be told that your representative will call you back within 24 hours. A local Philadelphia company like Payroll Service Solutions not only is a trusted partner, but you’ll never sit on hold, and all of our customer service representatives are fully trained, and happy to help you.
- Online Access – Payroll is a big collection of moving parts. Time clocks record employees’ work hours. Printing and signing paychecks get people their money, or you can use direct deposit for some, or all employees. The right payroll system will also handle taxes and reporting. You need to be able to access all of that information whenever you need it. 24/7 online access means you get information and data when you need it.
Payroll Service Solutions makes the payroll process easier for Philadelphia businesses of all sizes. Contact us for more information.